What are the New Meds Reminder Service Features?
All pharmacies using GuildCare NG will be upgraded to the New Medication Reminder Service. These new features and the myPharmacyLink app are included as part of your GuildCare NG subscription. If you are using an alternative messaging platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
New Meds Reminder Service
Managing Reminders just got easier
- Schedule reminders for private scripts and non-prescription medications
- Add multiple held scripts
- Add held scripts never dispensed before
- Send reminders when the patient is running low on supply
- Send follow-up reminders when medications are overdue
New myPharmacyLink Features
Ordering medications just got easier for your patients
Once your pharmacy is upgraded to the new meds service, your patients using myPharmacyLink will be able to:
- Reorder private and non-prescription medications such as vitamins, allergy meds and more
- Reorder when their medication supply is running low based on easy traffic light system
- Order new scripts through Snap and Send for your pharmacy to process in advance
- Request generic brand substitution
- Request home delivery, if permitted
How to Prepare for the Upgrade
- Watch the 6 Key Things you need to know about the New Meds Service video (above)
- Set up follow-up message settings in ADMIN
- Ensure there is an available resource to action failed reminders & input held scripts
- Download the myPharmacyLink App and explore the new features in Guest Mode
Next Steps after the Upgrade?
- Watch this ‘Next Important Steps’ video and other supporting How-to videos
- Review the Reminder Migration report and setup any failed reminders
- Review the Add Held Scripts report and setup any held scripts
- For future reminders, ensure you match any unmatched scripts to medications before setting up reminders
- Setup your default follow-up reminder settings for overdue messages
- Explore the new myPharmacyLink app features
Once the upgrade is completed, you will notice visual changes in GuildCare NG on the patient’s ‘Medication Profile’ and ‘Dispense Request’ screens
How-to Videos and Training
All training material is online. There are plenty of videos and help guides.
You can always contact your Account Manager or contact Support Team on 1300 859 328
Visit training videos webpage or download myPharmacyLink and explore Guest Mode.
If you would like to start sending SMS reminders, you will need to fill out a direct debit form. Please contact GuildCare Support Team for more information.
The Held Scripts report is a record of all the held scripts in GuildCare NG prior to the upgrade.
The Add Held function in the new medication management service has been improved but any existing held scripts prior to the upgrade will not be migrated across. You will need to setup any held scripts that have not yet been dispensed that you are keeping on file.
This report is sent to GuildCare NG Admin Users along with the Reminder Migration Report.
The reminder migration report is a record of any reminders that failed to migrate across to the new meds reminder service during the upgrade. You will need to review the report and re-schedule any active reminders for patient’s medications using the information in the report.
This report contains non-patient identifiable information. Please click on the patient ID to launch the patient profile in GuildCare NG browser.
This is sent to all GuildCare NG Admin Users to ensure this report is not missed by staff members.
Once your pharmacy has been upgraded, patients who have upgraded to the latest version of myPharmacyLink (from 1.5.0+) will be to:
- See a new traffic light system to indicate the status of the medication supply
- Manage their ‘Days of Supply Remaining’ and ‘Reminder offset’ preference
- Indicate if they are no longer taking the medication to stop receiving reminders
- Send new scripts via the new Snap and Send feature from the Order Medication screen
- Send generic brand and home delivery requests with the medication order
The app also supports users who does not upgrade to the latest version of the app. Please encourage all your patients to download the latest version and take them through the changes.
There is no cost – the upgrade is part of your GuildCare NG subscription. If you would like to start sending messages using the SMS channel, you will need to fill out a Direct Debit Request form, please email GuildCare Support Team for more information. The myPharmacyLink app is also free and part of your GuildCare NG subscription.
Yes, we had a selected number of pharmacies who piloted the new meds reminder service. We responded to their feedback and findings prior to upgrading other sites.
- Once your pharmacy has been upgraded, the first difference you will notice is the updated medications pane. To deliver a better reminder service, scripts dispensed are now matched and displayed as medications in the medications pane.
- Scripts must be matched to a medication and appear in the medications pane to be able to setup reminders for the medication. Any unmatched scripts will display in the Dispense History pane.
- Schedule reminders on private scripts dispensed
- Add private/non-PBS scripts and OTC medications and set-up reminders
- Reminder settings have changed – New Reminder Offset setting and default templates, the days of supply remaining and reminder offset can be managed by patients using myPharmacyLink.
- Improved Add Held function – Add multiple held scripts for the same medication and add a held script for a medication not previously dispensed.
- Dispense Requests include 3 new features for myPharmacyLink patients – Snap and Send, Generic brand and Home Delivery requests.
- Watch the videos
- ‘6 Key Things to know about the new Meds Reminder Service’
- ‘Next Steps after your Upgrade’
- Download the myPharmacyLink app and explore the new features in Guest Mode
We are currently scheduling upgrades for sites that are on GuildCare NG. The upgrade schedule will depend on the platform you are using for reminder messages, as there is a reminder migration involved.
GuildCare NG to the new Meds Reminder Service – these upgrades are currently scheduled. You will receive an email at least 5 days before the upgrade.
GuildCare Classic/MemoCare to GuildCare NG new Meds Reminder Service – these upgrades will need to be booked in. You will be contacted by the GuildCare Team when we we are ready.
HealthNotes to GuildCare NG new Meds Reminder Service – these upgrades will need to be booked in. You will be contacted by the GuildCare Team when we we are ready.
There may be circumstances that may delay the upgrade if your pharmacy recently had a dispense system vendor change.
Sites that use the current GuildCare NG messaging will need to have reminders migrated across to work with the new meds reminder service. This happens overnight. During that migration, we may identify reminders that failed to migrate, these will be provided to you in the Reminder Migration Report. You will need to re-schedule these failed reminders in GuildCare NG using the information in the report.
- At least 5 days before the scheduled date ‘Upgrade to the New Meds Reminder Service is Scheduled’ email which includes information on how to prepare for the upgrade is sent to the GuildCare NG admin
- Day before the upgrade, you will also receive a reminder email
- After the upgrade has been successfully completed all GuildCare NG Admin users will receive a ‘Reminder Migration Report‘ email
- Followed by ‘Upgrade to New Meds Reminder Service is Completed’ email with ‘Next Steps’ checklist, how-to videos and training resources.
We have re-architectured the way scripts and medications are handled to deliver a better reminder system with more features and functionality than before. The biggest change is that reminders are no longer set on scripts, but on medications. This means that scripts dispensed must be matched to a medication.